Monday, December 17, 2012

so if no running on sport stadium, so where?

Hej !! :-)

In last post I described situation with big sport infrastructure, important from runners point of view.

But in fact this what made me impress is let's call it a small sport infrastructure :-)

So if no running on sport stadium, so where?.. ha, almost everywhere else !!!

If you prefer to run on asphalt:
Almost next to all roads are made bike/pedestrian path, they are in really good condition, well signed and when they are crossing with roads, the magic is starting :-) If you are going to go through road on pedestrian or bike crossing... cars are stopping !!! For me it's huge surprise :-) no matter if it is small car, bus or truck - if driver see that I'm heading to cross the road he starts to break and let me cross without stopping or changing the pace. It's so cool, it makes the life much easier and much, much more safer - culture of driving is really high, is almost a role model for other countries.

Belive me it is so nice to run here :-) First of all a huge number of pedestrian / bike paths on which you can run. The second thing: unbelievable culture of driving and stopping car when pedestrian or even bike wants to cross the road !!!


In Poland I often have to run on the edge of road, pedestrian paths sometimes are too narrow, too uneven or just don't exists about bike paths maybe I wouldn't be writing because it is literally almost nothing too add ;-) the same about culture of driving.

Running on asphalt made me impress so much that I was not prepare that something can me impress even more :-) what is that? I will write next time :-)

Pictures on which you can spot a pedestrian/bike path:






No comments:

Post a Comment